Scripture Text: Esther 7
1. “Make your words sweet, you may have to eat them someday” – When have you seen the truth of this proverb in your life?
2. “The king asked again” (verse 2) implies a previous inquiry. When? Where? What has led up to this dramatic banquet?
3. What does it reveal about Esther’s character?
- selfless loyalty?
- sweet revenge?
- royal respect?
4. What about Haman is “vile”? Foolish? Pitiful? Pitiless?
5. What role does Harbona play (verse 9; see chapter 1:10)?
6. While this chapter ends with Haman’s death, what issues remain unresolved?
7. If you were Esther, would you have handled the situation any differently? How so?
8. When have you stepped out in faith, as she did? What was at stake?
9. What enemy threatens you and your goals (or your church and its goals)? Prejudice? Politics? Apathy? People like Harbona?
10. What lesson does Haman’s life teach you?