Genesis 1:1 – 25 (Click here to open BibleGateway.com in a new window.)
1. What time of day are you most creative? Most productive?
2. Read Colossians 1:15 – 20. What is Christ’s role in creation? How does the opening of Genesis help you appreciate the nature and work of Jesus?
3. According to Romans 1:20 -25 and Hebrews 11:1-3, what should be our response to God’s self-revelation in the created order? What are the consequences for refusing to praise the Creator?
4. How aware are you of the created world in your everyday life? How does the created world affect your understanding of God?
5. Why do you think the Bible tells us that God created but does not tell us exactly how He created?
6. How would you compare your spiritual beginning to the beginning of creation?
- It was logical and orderly
- It was the result of my parents “fruitful” faith
- I experienced a sudden shift from darkness to light
- Visible life didn’t appear right away
Recommended Links & Resources:
Free “Genesis” Bible Study by Matt Dabbs
The Bible.net (Print, Audio and Video Lessons)