Scripture Text (click to open in a new window):
1. When was war made most real to you? How did that (book, TV, movie, memorial, protest movement, combat duty) affect you?
2. How does your family react when one of its members is in trouble? How does this make you feel?
3. When have you survived a “close call” or brush with death?
4. What subtle and slippery slope of sin do you see in the lifestyle of Lot?
5. Given the different way Abram treats the king of Sodom and the king of Salem, what does that tell you about the character and faith of each?
6. How does the contrast between the two kings in Question #5 sharpen the contrast between Abram and Lot?
7. What alliances do you make? Do you make them readily or reluctantly? Have you ever been burned or blessed because of your alliances with others?
8. When have you refused a gift or reward because of your relationship with God?
9. Which name is most akin to how you pledge money or give your possessions?
- Sensible Sally
- Rainy Day Ron
- Giveaway Gert
- Watchful Wanda
- Tight Ted
- Extravagant Eddie