Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. How many times have you moved in your lifetime? From where to where?
2. In the context of Genesis, what is the significance of Rachel’s death (see chapter 31:32 – 35)? Of Benjamin’s birth (see chapter 30:24)? Of Reuben’s shocking sin (see chapter 49:3ff)? Of Isaac’s death (see chapter 25:8ff)?
3. Are your memories of your parents and grandparents negative or positive? What is one thing from each for which you are very thankful?
4. Isaac “was gathered to his people, old and full of years” (v 29). Describe how you would like to have your own life and death remembered.
5. Compared with Rachel’s and Isaac’s deaths, what reunion or transitions would happen with your parents’ death?