Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Which memory is harder for you to shake: rejection or guilt? Why?
2. Which is harder for you to accept: mercy or judgment? Why?
3. How does Joseph’s story reveal the truth of verses 19 – 21?
4. What do you make of the brothers’ fears as described here? Is it justified? Why or why not?
5. What low lights and highlights come to mind when you apply verses 19 – 21 to your life?
6. Complete the following sentence: “When I die, my family will smile when they remember the time . . .”
7. What outstanding characteristic of Joseph’s life would you like to make a part of yours?
8. How is Joseph’s last request tied to God’s promises? To the precedent of his father, grandfather and great grandfather? To the anticipation of Exodus?
9. What does this “Book of Beginnings” teach you about your own roots? About the faith of your fathers? About your own faith? About God’s promises to you and your children?
Recommended Links & Resources
Free “Genesis” Bible Study by Matt Dabbs
The Bible.net (Print, Audio and Video Lessons)