Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. How many times have you moved in your lifetime? In your most significant move, who moved with you? Whom did you leave behind? How did you feel about all that moving (or staying put)?
2. In your working career, who has been one very unreasonable boss? How so? How did you respond?
3. What do you fear? In your life, when is fear “good”? Or “bad”? How do you know when your fear prompts you to do good or bad?
4. What does the faith of the midwives say about the morality of “civil disobedience”? What conclusions do come to when you also consider the New Testament text Romans 13?
5. As a Hebrew midwife, what would you have done? Why? When have you acted likewise in disobeying an oppressive regime or boss?
Recommended Links & Resources
Free “Exodus” Bible Study by Clint Rodgers
The Bible.net (Print, Audio and Video Lessons)