Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What is your sure-fire way for catching flies?
2. What “fly in the ointment” once spoiled an important event in your family?
3. Why do you think God now distinguishes between the “land of Goshen” (v. 22) and the rest of Egypt (vv. 21, 23)? What is He trying to tell Pharaoh? The Israelites?
4. Is God singling out the Israelites for special favors because they are choice (the best)? Or because they are chosen (elected)? Why do you think so?
5. In what way does God make similar distinctions today between His followers and others? How does God’s favor make you feel? How will you express that to God, right now?
6. Do you know of any modern countries that treat minorities cruelly, like the Egyptians treated the Israelites? What would make such a government change its ways?