Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What images come to mind when you smell incense: Drug pushers? Lifeless rituals? Religious high? Alien culture?
2. Do you “smell” like a Christian? How can you tell? What reaction from others would you expect if you did?
3. How can you become a “fragrant aroma” to God (see 2 Corinthians 2:14 – 16)? What burning releases you heavenly aroma?
4. How (in your busy life) can you keep the incense of prayer burning always?
5. What “ransom payment” has superseded the need for all others (see 1 Timothy 2:5, 6)? In response (or in addition), what do you feel you owe God? What symbolic ransom payment have you made to God?
6. How have you been washed clean (see Hebrews 10:19 – 22)? What affect does this have on your worship of God?
7. Which of the following “Christian” fragrances best describe your experience with Christians?
- Floral (sweet and uplifting)
- Cajun (spicy and mouth-watering)
- Old socks (stinky and unapproachable)
- Home-cooking (reassuring and appealing)?