Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. How do you prepare yourself to start, work on and complete a big project?
2. When has this working strategy been effective? When has it backfired?
3. Why is Sabbath observance so central to the commandments of God? What is its relation to the offerings and work details which follow in this chapter?
4. If your church were to use the same fund-raising method described here, how would such a fiscal policy be viewed: Responsible? Naive? Impossible? Unnecessary?
5. What do you bring God when you worship Him? How is this like the precious items brought by the Israelites?
6. Which are you more willing and able to contribute to a project for the Lord: Your time? Money? Manual labor? Supervisory skills?
7. In your opinion, is giving a private matter or a corporate duty? How does giving demonstrate something of God nature?
8. Why is willingness emphasized so much in this passage? How important is a willing heart to God when it comes to giving (see 2 Corinthians 9:7)?
9. Do you give willingly, out of a sense of obligation or compulsion? Explain.