Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What was the biggest thing your parents ever gave up for you? Why do you think they did it?
2. What is the biggest thing you ever had to give up for someone else? Why did you do it? What did you learn in the process?
3. Beginning with Cain and Abel, why do you think God chose “animal sacrifice” to restore broken relationships? Couldn’t God forgive sins without sacrifice? Why or why not?
4. How does an “aroma pleasing to the Lord” (verses 9, 13, 17) foreshadow Christ and Christian charity (see Ephesians 5:2; Philippians 4:18)?
5. How would you define “sacrifice”? How does your definition differ from others in your family, circle of friends or church? Does true sacrifice have to hurt?
6. How do your sacrifices define your value system? For whom do you make sacrifices?
7. What sacrifices have you (or can you) make for God (see Romans 12:1, 2; Hebrews 13:15)?
8. In your experience how has God reconciled you to Himself? What sacrifice has accomplished that?