Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Were you more rebellious as a child, as a teenager, as an adult or as a senior citizen? Share one example to make your point.
2. When was the last time your well-laid plans ended up in total disarray, even backfiring on you?
3. What meaning does this chapter give to the “glorious and awesome name” (verse 58) of the Lord God? How could such a great God be so merciless?
4. Which curses would seem most terrible to a single person? To a married person? Why?
5. How do these curses fit with your understanding of God? What if God were just a God of blessing?
6. Are Christians still under these curses, or has Jesus take care of that? If so, how? If not, why?
7. If not in the form of these curses, how do you experience God’s correction today in your life?
8. What does these verses teach you about the exceptional ways God treats His people?
9. God’s sheer power (as shown in this chapter) make reverence for Him the logical outcome. But anything that is pounded into human heads can and will be resisted by those who say, “I’ve heard it all before”. Is that your reaction – boredom? Or are you genuinely awed by this powerful, wrathful God?