Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What awards have you received (as a student, athlete, employee, manager, volunteer, etc.)?
2. Why were you given them? Were they worth it?
3. Why does this chapter begin with a list of rewards for obedience (instead of punishments for disobedience)? What does this teach you about human nature? And God’s nature?
4. What rewards for obedience listed here most appeal to you? What kind of life would obedience to God’s law provide?
5. How does this blessed life compare with one promised in Deuteronomy 28:1 – 14?
6. Are the rewards you receive for your faith in God anything like the rewards promised here? If so, how? If not, why?
7. What do your rewards teach you about “cause and effects” in the abundant life?
8. What possible misuses of this doctrine of the abundant life can you foresee? (Does obedience always “pay”? Does abundance always imply obedience?)