Scripture Texts:(click to open in a new window)
1. In what country is your family’s “ancestral home”? Have you ever visited there?
2. How do you react when you don’t get your fair share of something?
- Suffer in silence
- Have a fit
- Demand your rights
- Other: ____________
3. What teacher or coach really challenged you? How so?
4. Consult a Bible map for this period of Israel’s history. Where in the promised land was the allotment to the descendents of Joseph (the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim)? How would you compare the size of Joseph’s area to Judah’s (chapter 15)?
5. How was Ephraim’s and Manasseh’s allotment a fulfillment of both God’s promise to Jacob and Jacob’s blessing of them (see Genesis 28:10; Genesis 48:19, 20)?
6. What sour note was recorded in Ephraim’s and Manasseh’s inheritance? What would you have wanted to do about either situation if you were their tribal leader?
7. How do you feel when you see a promise of God coming true in your life? Describe an instance where this has happened.
8. What do Zelophehad’s daughters encourage you to do?
- Be assertive
- Know my rights
- Go straight to the ones in charge
- Join with others if I want something
9. Is there some place where you need to stand up for your rights? How will you do this in a helpful way?
10. Are you satisfied with the size of your church fellowship? Or is it . . .
- not big enough?
- not friendly enough?
- not enough outreach into the community?
- not enough resources?
- not enough ____________ ?