Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Judging from the speech accents of the members of your church, how many states or countries are represented?
2. Compare chapter 12:1 – 3 with chapter 8:1 – 3. What seems to be Ephraim’s point
3. (In reference to Question #2), why are they prone to avoid the battle and criticize the victor? How do Jephthah and Gideon differ in their responses?
4. Who is a thorn in your side? How do you suppose Christ wants you to deal with this person?
5. By what “accent” can others tell you are a Christian?
6. Of the three judges in verses 8 – 15, who stands out? Why?
7. What is to be praised or questioned in verse 8 – 15?
8. If you could choose three things about which you would like to be remembered, what would they be?
9. (In reference to Question #8), how would those distinguish you from your siblings (your natural family and/or spiritual family)?
Following the theme of this blog (chronological presentation of the Bible text), the next post will pick up with the story of Ruth (the book of Ruth, chapter 1).