Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. How do you feel when members of a strange religious sect come to your door? Do you invite them in or hide?
2. What strangers (verse 3) attack David (see 1 Samuel 23:1 – 20)? Why do they betray the man who saved them from the Philistines?
3. How does David feel? How do you account for the switch in tone in verses 6, 7 (see 1 Samuel 23:26 – 29)?
4. Has your faith ever been attacked? Was the attack: (a) intellectual? (b) theological? (c) emotional? (d) social? How do you respond?
5. Have you seen evil recoil back on those who promote it? When has this happened to you?