Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Now what do you want to be when you grow up?
2. David cries to God to fulfill “his purpose for me” (verse 2). What is God’s purpose (see 1 Samuel 16:1 – 13)?
3. As one hated and hunted by Saul, the Lord’s current “anointed one”, how might David come to view that job? Is David deterred from (or spurred on) to see that purpose fulfilled? Why do you think so?
4. Where do you see an abrupt change in mood in this psalm? What must have occurred?
5. What promises of God do you lean on in hard times? Can you expect God’s protection for every disaster? Why or why not?
6. What do you feel is God’s purpose for you?
7. How far along are you in seeing God’s purpose for you fulfilled?
- in the research stage?
- stalled in a production snag?
- back to the drawing boards?
- already useful in the marketplace?
8. Verses 5 and 11 are the same except for their context: 5 expresses faith in hard times, 11 expresses joy after deliverance. Which context is yours now?