Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. When have you been moved by a song or testimony at a funeral? What touched you about it?
2. What was your first encounter with death in the family? How did you handle it?
3. When has a friend your own age died? How did that affect you?
4. What motivated David to so publicly and permanently record his lament for Saul and Jonathan?
5. From this lament, what can you tell about how David treats his enemies? His friends?
6. What worst enemy and best friend can you begin treating the way David treats Saul and Jonathan? What is holding you back? How could you overcome the hurdles involved and do this while they are still living?
7. If you have experienced a death close to home recently, how might you creatively remember him or her? What do you wish you had said before their death?