Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What winning streak of yours recalls the good old days? What made them so good?
2. What do you do for the sheer joy of it, regardless of its cost?
3. How do you explain David’s winning streak? “The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.” Does that say it all? Or does that only beg more questions for you?
4. What does David do with captured soldiers, horses, equipment and articles? Why kill off good horses (see Deuteronomy 17:16), but dedicate the articles? What does this say about David?
5. Has your nation’s army ever adopted the belief that God was on its side? What are the benefits and dangers of such “God-and-country” dogma?
6. If God is credited for David’s wins, what about for his losses and the decimation of others? Is God to blame win, lose or draw?
7. Over what enemy has God given you victory? Where have you yet to experience His victory?
8. What possessions, abilities or resources would you like to dedicate anew to God, as does David in this story?
9. Apart from your parents, spouse or God, to whom do you owe the biggest debt of gratitude for your position in life?
10. Who is the hero in the capture of Rabbah? Who actually gets the credit?
11. Do you feel you are getting proper credit for the jobs you do well? What reward are you working for?