Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. When you are catching a meal on the run, what does your “order to go” usually consist of?
2. If you could have 100 portions of any food you like, free, what would you choose?
3. What is Ziba’s motive in coming to David, bearing such gifts? Is he trustworthy (verse 3; see chapter 19:24 – 30)? Why does David think so (see chapter 9:1 – 11)?
4. In contrast to the loyalty of Ittai to his master, we have the example of Ziba. Where might you be tempted likewise to betray your loyalties? How will you resist that temptation?
5. When have you been “cussed out”? How did that feel?
6. “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me” – when have you resorted to that childhood refrain?
7. Why does David attribute Shimei’s cursing to God? What does this tell you about David’s character? About his view of God’s character?
8. When have you (like David) been under the Lord’s discipline? What for? Could you take the heat, however it was dished out? How did you respond?
9. When the heat on you is not “from the Lord”, how do you respond?