Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Do you like roller-coasters? Is your life like a roller-coaster? A ferris wheel? Slow-moving train?
2. For what reasons does David praise God (verses 1 – 3)? How does he account for why the Lord allowed these hard times to come upon him?
3. How does David argue that God should spare him (verse 9)? What does this indicate about his views of the afterlife?
4. Why would this psalm be written for the dedication of the temple (see 1 Chronicles 22)?
5. Is security important to you? How much of your money goes toward buying a house? Medical and life insurance? Savings? Where does security lie?
6. Has God turned a time of wailing into a time of dancing for you? Was it “overnight” (surprising you with joy)? Or did your mood swings level out more gradually?
7. How is the theme of “sorrow producing joy” developed in the New Testament (see John 16:19 – 22; 2 Corinthians 4:16 – 18)? For what are you “mourning”? How long has your “night” been? How long until the “morning” comes?