Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. In school, were you more likely the one picking on others or the one getting picked on? How did that feel?
2. It’s 3:00 AM. You are being pursued or caught in a jam. Who do you call first? Second? Why?
3. Why was the tribe of Benjamin hostile to David (see 2 Samuel 16:5 – 8; 20:1, 2)? What is David accused of in verses 3 and 4? Why?
4. In verses 6 – 11, how does David broaden his appeal for personal vindication? With what images of God?
5. What is meant by “my righteousness” (verse 8)? David is sinless? That he is right? That he is sincere?
6. Does David’s appeal stand (or fall) on his righteousness, or on God’s? Why is that?
7. From verses 11 and 12, how is evil done in? By personal Judge? By self-destruction? In a purely anonymous way? Compare this with verses 14 – 16. Why the difference, if any?
8. Have you felt falsely accused? How did you appeal your case? Like David?
9. If the content of your prayers from last month were analyzed, how much concern for injustice would we find?
10. Would you want God to judge you according to your righteousness or the integrity of your heart? Why?
11. What “pit” of your own making have you fallen into lately? Are you digging out? Or piling it down on your head?
12. For what aspect of God’s character are you especially thankful today?.