Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What made you feel secure as a child? As an adult, do you have a “getaway” place? When do you go there?
2. What advice is David receiving here (verses 1 – 3)? What attitudes does such advice reflect?
3. What is David’s response (verses 4 – 6)? Was he wrong to “head for the hills” at other times (see 1 Samuel 23:14)?
4. “Fire and brimstone” is an enduring image. What do you see as the lot of the wicked (verse 6)?
5. What hiding places or “getaways” does the world urge upon you? How do you seek refuge in the Lord instead?
6. Do you feel like “the foundations are being destroyed”? Which ones? What can your church do about it?