Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. When you call on your best friend for help, what do you need most? A listening ear? A helping hand? A detailed game plan? Companionship?
2. What is David’s main concern (verses 1 – 5)? A premature death? A miscarriage of justice? A plea for mercy? Why do you think so?
3. What images does he associate with God? Why? What experiences do they reflect upon? What meaning do they convey for you?
4. What must have happened for David to turn his personal plea (verses 1 – 7) into a prayer for the people (verses 8 and 9)?
5. When have you been as desperate as David (verses 1 – 5)? As confident as David (verses 6 and 7)?
6. Music helps David better express his feelings to God (Psalm 28:7, Psalm 27:6, Psalm 26:7). How about you? What words, song or poetry best sums up how you are feeling about God now?
7. Which image means more to you now: God as your fortress? Or God as your shepherd? Why?