Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? What is your most recurrent illness? The most effective cure?
2. What’s promised in verses 1 – 3? Why is David’s experience so different (verses 4 – 9)?
3. The “close friend” of verse 9 may be David’s counselor, Ahithophel (see 2 Samuel 16:23 – 17:4). What light does this throw on the psalm?
4. What hope sustains David through his trials? Given his confession of sin (verse 4), what does he mean by invoking his “integrity” (verse 13)? How does he know he is “right”?
5. Do you consider yourself strong or weak? What does it mean to you to show regard for the weak?
6. Have you secretly rejoiced at another’s trouble? What does that say about you?
7. What one word describes your life in relation to God’s promises: Incongruity? Integrity? Blessed? Never-say-die? Illustrate with an experience.