Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What was the most restful vacation you have taken in the last 10 years? What made it so?
2. What is the best reward someone could give you for a job well done?
3. What two evils prompt David to write this psalm (verses 3 and 4)?
4. What is the refrain of the song? What is the difference between “salvation” and “honor” (verse 7)?
5. In what does David urge us to “trust” and “not trust” (verses 8 – 10)? How can people know if they are trusting in God, people or money?
6. What two things had David heard about God (verses 11 and 12)? How will God judge?
7. What circumstances, people or forces are pressuring you now? What are you learning from their pressure?
8. Who do you bless with your lips but curse in your heart? Is this hypocrisy? What can you most readily change: lips or heart?
9. In what do you trust first? God? Yourself? People? Money? What do you trust second? Third?
10. What kind of God would you prefer? Strong or loving? Does it help you to know God is both?
11. How does it feel to know you will be rewarded according to what you have done (see Romans 2:6 – 8; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 16:27)? To what hope do you hold?