Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. How did your parents show anger?
- a protruding vein
- invoking your full name
- invoking God’s name
- giving a talking to
- a spanking
2. What local judgment had God just performed (verses 3 – 6)? Does verse 5 fit Assyria’s retreat (see 2 Kings 19:35, 36)?
3. What does this show Israel about God (verses 7 – 9)? Who does God judge? For what purpose?
4. How does “wrath against men” bring God praise? Who are the “survivors”?
5. What do particular judgments imply of God’s wrath to come?
6. Does God prevent wars today? Why or why not? Does God care about those who suffer from invading armies?
7. How well do you know God as an angry Judge?
- all too well
- never met on that basis
8. What does it mean to “fear” God?
9. What vows have you taken? What vow do you want to make to the Lord today? Should it be private? Or should your spiritual family know and hold you accountable?