Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What’s your idea of an ideal Saturday? When’s the last time it happened?
2. What is your favorite movie “good guy”? Your favorite “bad guy”? Who do you like to see triumph? Why?
3. What kind of day does the psalmist have on a sabbath (verses 1 – 3)? Since he cannot work, what “work” becomes the focus (verses 4, 5)?
4. Although he praises God’s deeds, what does he find most profound? What thought do fools fail to grasp (verses 6, 7)? Are they victims of low I.Q. or are they responsible for their ignorance (see Proverbs 1:7)?
5. Why (how) can we say God’s greatest deed is justice?
6. How does the psalmist express faith in the future (verses 8, 9)? How has the Lord blessed him (verse 10)?
7. What promises are made to the “righteous” (verses 12 – 14)? What does it mean to be “planted in the house of the Lord”?
8. Which of God’s deeds brings you joy? How do you express spiritual joy?
9. Do Sundays help you to grow spiritually? If so, how? If not, what is lacking?
10. How can you stay “fresh and green” as the years go by? What “fruit” can you bear?
11. Does the prosperity of the wicked bother you? Do you want what they have? What do you have that they might envy?