Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What is the biggest victory you’ve ever won? The most recent? Did you feel exhausted, exhilarated or what?
2. How do you celebrate your victories? With whom?
3. This psalm is the “morning after” complement to Psalm 20. What must have happened meanwhile? Does God take sides in war (verses 1, 5)?
4. What has God done for the king (verses 3 – 6)? What does this tell you about what God will do for those who trust in Him?
5. Does verses 6 – 12 strike you as a realistic picture of the battle past? Is the psalmist referring to more than just David (verse 10)?
6. The last time you overcame a major obstacle, what were you inclined to do? Why?
- Give yourself a pat on the back
- Give thanks to God
- Rally the troops who prayed for you
7. When have you prayed and not received the victory? How did it affect the way you prayed and faced your big test the next time?
8. What difference does it make, knowing ultimate victory belongs to God?