Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. In what way (small or large), did you “make peace” with someone this past week?
2. Why does David rejoice (verse 1)? What is the mood of the pilgrim crowd (verses 3 – 5)?
3. What does it mean that Jerusalem is “compacted” (verse 3; see also Nehemiah 7:4)?
4. For what two reasons do the tribes come here (verses 4, 5; see also Deuteronomy 16:16, 17 and Deuteronomy 17:8)?
5. How are the pilgrims asked to show concern for Jerusalem (verses 6 – 9)?
6. What is the mood or atmosphere prior to worship at your church assembly? In the parking lot? The hallways? What do you like or dislike about it?
7. How can you seek the prosperity of all who suffer war and oppression? Can your church (or small group) help people of special interest to you?