Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Who is your favorite composer or song writer?
2. What color seems to go best with praising God? What taste? What kind of weather?
3. Can you trace the psalmist’s call to worship from the “top down”? Where are the “highest heavens” (see 1 Kings 8:27; 2 Corinthians 12:2)? What different parts of creation join in this symphony of praise?
4. Are any instructions given on how to play your instrument? Who gets the attention and applause? Why? (verses 5, 6 and 13)
5. What do all creatures have in common?
6. What is the “horn” raised up (verse 14)?
7. It is taken for granted in the psalm that creation knows “how to” praise God. How do inanimate objects praise God? Animals and plants? How do you praise God?
8. What songs or activities has helped you praise God in the past?
9. Do you enjoy nature? Do you feel that humanity’s slow destruction of it is a problem for God to solve?