Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Which are you? A defeatist? An optimist? Or a realist? Why?
2. What four things does David ask of God in verse 1? What might be causing him this distress and shame (verse 2)?
3. What outcome does David expect? Why is he so confident? Why is he “set apart”?
4. While wavering loyalty grieves David (verse 2), what counsel does he give those who loyalty burns too fierce (verses 4 and 5)?
5. What’s his answer to the defeatist (verses 6b – 8)?
6. Given his earlier mood (verses 1 and 2), why is David now joyful, peaceful and secure?
7. Does your anger flash hot or burn slow? Is the apostle Paul asking too much when he quotes, “in your anger do not sin” (see Ephesians 4:26)? How do you manage your anger?
8. What is your biggest source of stress? Where lies your confidence?
9. Do disloyal people get you down? What does it mean to yield your rights, needs and feelings to God?