Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Name a New Year’s resolution you actually made and kept. Why that one?
2. What do you like to daydream about?
3. What is David’s resolution (verse 2)? Why must he be careful? Are rulers known for their blameless lives?
4. Where does purity of heart begin (verse 3)? Is conscious effort involved?
5. What public standards grow from a blameless heart (verses 5 – 7)? What kind of advisors will lose their jobs?
6. How do you feel about the level of ethics in the government of your country? How would you feel if this psalm were adopted as a credo and lived?
7. Where do your ethics need a boost?
- talking about others
- looking at others with respect
- speaking less than the truth
8. What makes an effective leader according to this psalm? How does one earn the right to lead? In what ways are you a leader? What did Jesus have to say about leadership in Luke 22:24 – 26?