Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Who was one of your favorite comic book or TV super-heroes? Why?
2. What was the most extravagant wedding you ever attended or witnessed?
3. This is a royal wedding song which celebrates the groom (verses 1 – 9), the bride (verses 10 – 15) and their future (verses 16, 17). For what is the groom praised?
4. What are the most appealing qualities of the bride? Do these two sound like a good match?
5. The king is called “God” in verses 6 and 7. Who else is likened to God (see Exodus 7:1; Zechariah 12:8; Isaiah 9:6)? What is being said?
6. What does the “daughter of Tyre” represent (verse 12)? What future did the Jews hope for the Gentiles (see Isaiah 60:3)?
7. How does the New Testament make sense out of verses 6 and 7 (see Hebrews 1:8, 9)? What is being said about Jesus and the Church (see Ephesians 5:25 – 27)?
8. Taking verses 2 – 7 as applying to Jesus, which royal qualities about Him mean the most to you now? Why?
9. What place does “truth, humility and righteousness” have in your life? Where do white lies, false humility and self-justification still hold sway?
10. Do you believe King Jesus is “enthralled by your beauty”? Why or why not?
11. How does someone truly loving you help you “forget” all other relationships? What are some of the things in your past that you must “forget” in order to truly honor Jesus as Lord?