Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. As a teen, who was your “singer of songs” (or favorite music group)? Now what music do you like?
2. Which of his idealized terms (verses 1 – 4) apply to David? Which of these images are more fully realized in David’s greater son, Jesus, the ideal theocratic ruler yet to come?
3. In these last words, how does David underscore the divine inspiration of all his recorded words (verses 2 and 3)?
4. How does David know all is right with his house (verse 5; see also 2 Samuel 7:12 – 16)? How do evil men compare with him (verses 6 and 7)?
5. Regarding divine inspiration, how does God’s Word come to be in human words? By mechanical dictation? Power of suggestion? Or what?
6. Can God speak through you this week? How is that like or unlike divine inspiration? With whom would you like to share God’s Word?