Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. You have been nominated to preach on Sunday. What do you feel qualified to preach on? Would you warn people or comfort them? Why?
2. You are in the town square of your community. You are a reporter covering this speech given by “Wisdom”. What would you say about the content? About the tone? About the impact? Would your report be approving or disapproving?
3. How will God laugh (verses 26, 27; see also Psalm 2:4 and Psalm 14:1 – 4). With tears? smiles? vindication?
4. What is the result of rejecting wisdom (verse 32)? Of receiving wisdom (verse 33)? Does that seem fair? Why or why not?
5. When (if ever) have you been a Town Crier? For what?
6. What press coverage would this proverbial town crier be given where you live? Why? Would you tune in or tune out? Why? What would get your attention?
7. When have you heard “wisdom crying” to you recently? How did you respond? How did you discern that what you heard was truly wisdom?
8. If wisdom is so publicly available, what are so many people so foolish? What will you do to get wise?