Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Describe a memorable dinner you’ve attended. What made it memorable: the food? the people? the gifts exchanged? the lobbying? the networking?
2. Who in your family is the loudest, lacking any volume control?
3. Compare and contrast wisdom (chapter 8) and folly: What are their personalities? Lifestyles? Residences? Messages? Results?
4. In practical terms, what is the difference between a “mocker” and a “wise man” (verses 7 and 9)? When have you tried to correct one or the other? What happened?
5. How easy is it for someone to correct you? Why is that? What would make it easier for you to hear the input your critics have to offer?
6. How do you feel around loud, undisciplined people? What does this say about you? About the person you want to become?
7. The first nine chapters of Proverbs serve as an introduction to the whole book (see chapter 10). Why do you think Solomon closes his instruction as he does? Why is choice so important in a person’s life?