Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What grade school or high school teacher did you have a crush on? Which one swayed your character or career? How so? Which one would you seek out at a school reunion? Why?
2. What do these “sayings of the wise” sound like: empathy? game rules? candid confessions? parent talk?
3. In reference to Question #2, why do they strike you that way: tone? context? or what?
4. Toward what end is this instruction in wisdom given (verses 17 – 21)? What three-step process gets you there? By whom is one held accountable for this?
5. What is the wise course of action with regard to the poor and needy? Your friends and associates? Your vows and debts?
6. What do verses 28 and 29 say about getting ahead honestly?
7. Where are you in the 3-step process of verses 17 – 21? How prepared are you to “give sound answers”?
8. What works for you in handling an angry associate or roommate? What does this chapter suggest (verse 24)?
9. If you are (or want to be) skilled at some work (verse 29), who would you want to work for? What people would you want to serve? Why?