Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What favorite saying of your mother’s can you still recite?
2. How is this king brought to his mother? To the Lord? To his senses? And to his people?
3. If the Jerusalem Times decided to print each of these paragraphs (verses 2 and 3, 4 – 7, 8 and 9) as separate articles, with you as its editor . . .
- what headline would you give each one?
- what accompanying picture do they bring to mind?
- what section of the paper do they fit in the best?
4. In what ways can you “speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves” (verse 8)?
5. Other than women (verse 3), who are “those who ruin kings”? How so? What should be your attitude to them?
6. What is your reaction to these sayings of this unknown king?