Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What is the most important date you ever forgot?
2. Which are you like at a party?
- party animal
- party pooper
- hostess helper
- wall flower
3. What was your favorite season as a child? Why? Which is your favorite now?
4. In the list of opposites (verses 1 – 8), is the Teacher describing what is, or prescribing what one should do? Why do you think so?
5. What is “the burden God has laid on man” (verse 10)?
6. What does it mean to “set eternity in the hearts of men” (verse 11)?
7. What is the Teacher encouraging in verses 12 and 13? Hedonism? Gratitude? Or what?
8. Toward what end does all of this point (verses 14 and 15)?
9. What is meant by “God will call the past to account” (verse 15)?
10. What “time” is it for you? At what “times” (verses 1 – 8) do you doubt that God is in control?
11. Would you rather spend your time fathoming God’s work (verse 11), doing good (verse 12), or eating and drinking (verse 13)? Why?
12. How do you differentiate enjoying yourself from going to far?
13. Does belief in God’s sovereignty free you to enjoy life? How so?