Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What is the worst investment (of time, money, etc.) you ever made? Why?
2. What does “bread” symbolize? What happens when you “cast your bread” (verse 1)? How will the giving of “portions” help in a time of disaster (verse 2)?
3. What do the matter-of-fact observations in verse 3 imply?
4. Why are those who just “watch” so unproductive and ignorant (verses 4 and 5)?
5. How do the observations in verses 3 – 5 lead to the concluding advice (verse 6)? How does this relate to the advice in verse 1?
6. How well do you manage your time? Your emotions? Your money?
7. In what areas of life are your “investments” too concentrated? Spread too thin?