Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. For what culinary “feat” (delight or disaster) will you be remembered?
2. Are you surprised Baasha lasts 24 years in power (see 1 Kings 15:27 – 30)? Was he an improvement over the king he replaced? Why or why not?
3. Is it fair to punish Baasha, and punish in like manner, for destroying the house of Jeroboam (verses 2 – 4; see 1 Kings 14:10 – 16; 15:29)? Why or why not?
4. In what ways has God “lifted you up from the dust”? What responsibilities came with the new life?
5. Ever felt like Jehu, the bearer of bad news? How can good news shine through bad news?
6. Ever been “caught between a rock and a hard place”? When?