Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Ever been flustered at seeing a movie star in person? A sports figure? An old friend?
2. If you could pick anyone on earth for a traditional pen pal (pen, paper, envelope, stamps), who would it be?
3. What is Obadiah’s dilemma? Why does he so boldly hide 100 prophets and freely talk about it? Who are these prophets, anyway (verses 3, 13, 1 Samuel 10:5)?
4. Why then doesn’t Obadiah also testify about Elijah to Ahab? What is Elijah’s reputation (verse 12; 2 Kings 2: 15, 16)? What is Ahab’s likely to do?
5. How do you reconcile the conflicting natures of Ahab? His love of animals (verse 5)? His trusting of Obadiah (verses 3 and 6)? His willingness to kill Obadiah over Elijah’s whereabouts?
6. Can Obadiah refuse to help after Elijah’s assurance in verse 15?
7. Do you tend to take risks or play it safe? What risks are hardest for you to take? When was the last time you really took a chance?
8. Are you considered reliable? Punctual? Trustworthy? Why or why not? What would you like your reputation to be?
9. In what situation do you need to move courageously, putting your confidence in the Lord? What past actions of God would encourage you to trust Him?