Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. For what reason were you last found standing by a road?
2. Where do you go to sulk?
3. Why does this prophet want to be wounded (verses 38 – 40)? What word from the Lord is he acting out? Does that make it okay to fake a wound or tell a tall tale?
4. Why such punishment for the well-meaning soul in verse 36? What story does this echo (see 1 Kings 13:20 – 24)?
5. Likewise, is Ahab’s verdict just (verse 40)? Is Ahab like the man whom the prophet portrays (verse 41)?
6. What must Ahab think of these prophets and their God?
7. Would you wound a friend if he or she asked? Why?
8. This king sulks under self-condemnation. When are you moody? How do you deal with it? What role does God play in your moods?