Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What do you like best in a stew? What ruins a stew for you?
2. Ever run out of food at a picnic, birthday or reception? What happened?
3. What might the famine and the wild gourd symbolize (see Deuteronomy 28:18, 23, 24)?
4. How would flour neutralize the soup (verse 41)? What is the meaning of this part of the meal? Likewise, this curse of the covenant?
5. Why hesitate to share (verse 43)? From where comes all the bread? What is the meaning of this part of the meal? How does that compare with Jesus’ purpose in feeding the multitudes (see Luke 9:12 – 17)?
6. Why do people react instantly to physical threats, yet seem indifferent to spiritual threats?
7. What would you be least willing to share with others? Why?