Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Have you ever received a singing valentine or birthday greeting in front of a group of people? How did you respond?
2. Has one of your friends ever receive a great honor? How did you feel? Jealous? Joyous? Both?
3. Was Elisha supposed to name a new king (verses 1 – 3; 1 Kings 19:15 – 17)? Why send the younger prophet? Why must he anoint and run?
4. Who will Jehu avenge (verse 7; 1 Kings 18:4, 13; 1 Kings 19:10; 1 Kings 21:13)?
5. How will the house of Ahab be like the houses of Jeroboam and Baasha (see 1 Kings 15:29 – 30 and 1 Kings 16:11 – 13)?
6. Why is Jehu so coy and the military men so fawning about his anointing?
7. What do verses 11 – 13 tell you about the mixed feelings people towards the prophets?
8. Are you eager for big assignments from God? What holds you back? What propels you forward?
9. Have you had to downplay your faith to fit in with your peers? Is this sometimes necessary, or always a compromise?