Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What is the largest city you have ever visited at street level? How did you feel about the street people and their future?
2. How do you think Jonah felt as he headed toward Nineveh?
- grateful to be alive
- anxious to preach
- afraid of what the Ninevites would do to him
- afraid the Ninevites would repent
3. How would you describe Nineveh’s reaction to Jonah’s message?
- too little too late
- just what Jonah feared
- just what God wanted
4. What is your “Nineveh”?
- an unfriendly place
- an unpleasant emotion
- a personal bondage
- God’s call in my life
5. How do you feel when you know you have responded to God’s call?
- free as a bird
- deeply satisfied
- close to God
- still confused
6. Share a time when God gave you a second chance. Have you ever ignored God’s second chance? Why?
7. If God gave you “Mission Impossible”, 40 days after which the object of the mission would be destroyed, would you do it? Why or why not?
8. When would you consider “fasting” and “putting on a sackcloth”, as the Ninevites did? What is a “spiritual fast”?