Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. When is the last time you felt truly helpless? Who did you call?
2. What kind of news splash do you suppose the local prophet made when he came by whale and water to Nineveh (see Jonah 1:1)? What does Jonah know about being helpless and being saved?
3. Find on a map Hamath and the Sea of Arabah (the Dead Sea). Is the author getting a little overheated about Jeroboam’s conquests (verse 28)?
4. Is a strong military Israel’s real solution (verse 26)?
5. Who are the “helpless” in your world? What role could your church or group play in helping them?
6. If God shows kindness through sinful people (verse 27), how can God show kindness through you?