Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. What three things give you a secure feeling? When was the last time you had everything going for you?
2. Who does Amos go after in this section of his prophecy? What is their sin?
3. How is “security” related to “complacency” (verse 1)? Where should these people have found their security?
4. Is Amos condemning a life of luxury, or something more?
5. What will happen to those who have the most prosperity and privilege and yet abuse it (verse 7; see Luke 12:48)?
6. What are three areas of your life in which you feel somewhat insecure?
7. Where might you be complacent? Home? Church? Work? Relationships?
8. The more secure you are in relation to God, are you more, or less, eager to serve Him?
9. Is God a God of the rich (blessing them), or of the poor (defending them)? Explain.