Scripture Text:(Click the Scripture text to open the text in a new window.) 1. If the President or the Queen were coming to visit you, what repair jobs would you suddenly find time to do?
2. What does God promise in verses 15, 18 and 19? What must the people do first?
3. What does it mean to be lowly and contrite (verse 15)?
4. What “obstacles” did the people need to clear out of God’s way? What “road” needed building up (verse 14)?
5. If the wicked are like the tossing sea, how would you picture those at peace with God? Which do you feel like? Why? What might you need to do to quiet things down? What word of peace might Jesus speak to calm you?
6. Are you “lowly and contrite”, or “high and lofty” (verse 15)?
7. What “obstacles” (verse 14) are hindering God’s work in you life? What areas of your spiritual walk are in need of repair?