Scripture Text:(Click the Scripture text to open the text in a new window.) 1. What was your favorite Sunday activity as a child? What sounds like an ideal Sunday to you now?
2. Would you keep your job if you inherited a fortune?
3. Why doesn’t Jeremiah make this announcement at the gates of the Temple (verses 20 – 22)?
4. Where does the Sabbath rank in Jewish law (see Exodus 20:3 – 8)? Why is it important (see Exodus 31:12 – 17)? Why is “work” forbidden (verse 24; see Numbers 15:32 – 36; Nehemiah 13:15)?
5. Why is God now demanding a formal religious practice (verses 24 – 27)?
6. Orthodox Jews do not drive, cook or carry money on Saturday. Would you like the Christian Sunday to be like the Orthodox Jewish Sabbath?
7. Do you need to put more worship, more leisure or more spiritual growth into your Sundays? How can you begin doing that next week?